?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Zoom zoom

What an exhausting few days.

Halloween:
I'd say maybe 60% of the people at work recognized me as Frodo. The other 40%, if you can believe it, have not seen the movies, and apparently have managed not to notice the ubiquitous posters for them either. A few were only marginally familiar with the whole thing. One such kept calling me "Freedo." (Isn't that one of the Corleone brothers?) The hair on the feet amused most people, but totally disgusted one woman - which, in turn, amused me. Apparently she doesn't know that hobbits are sexeh, right down to and including the hair on the feet. It's a package deal, baby.

Incidentally, only about 4 other people dressed up at work. I made it a point to compliment them all, since I think there really needs to be more Halloween dressing up out there. Come ON, people! Snap to it! How often do you get to wear a costume around, huh?

However, that night, at the Broadway Grill on Seattle's Capitol Hill, about 90% of the customers were in costume - and do you want to talk fabulous? (Cap. Hill is the gay neighborhood, so feathers and brilliant colors and complex fabrics and amazing makeup jobs were flourishing all around us. And, yes, slash fans, there were lots of pretty boys in provocative outfits holding hands or cuddling each other.) kenshi went as Professor Snape, and his wife (a.k.a. my sister) K8 went as the nurse from Kill Bill. A picture of them for you. And here is a picture of kenshi with some of the aforementioned boys in the background, so you can get a feel for what I'm talking about.

My husband radiofreecarbon dressed as a suicidal Cubs fan, complete with smears of stage blood under blue and red wristbands; and, as luck would have it, he encountered someone dressed as That One Guy Who Caught The Ball At That Cubs Game And Ruined Everything. Here's them together - hee hee.

Right. So, then, this weekend, we test-drove a couple of new cars, and ended up buying a silver Mazda Protege 5. Sweet! I've never had a new car before - in fact, I've had a history of driving rather old and kicked-around cars - so this is pretty cool. I'm excited about the moon-roof. And the six-CD changer. And the way it takes off when you hit the accelerator, rather than needing to be coaxed out of a stopped position. Plus, we will not have to buy gas so often. The SUV, our other functional car, really sucks it down.

Anyway, I normally distrust car salesmen, but the guys at University Mazda were quite human and reasonable. I recommend them if you're in Seattle. (And, you know, if you want a Mazda.) Tell them I sent you.

Zoom zoom!

Comments

( 12 comments — Leave a comment )
sopdetly
Nov. 2nd, 2003 10:43 pm (UTC)
Ya know, red eye usually takes away from an image, but in that one of the Cubs fans, it kinda adds to the atmosphere ;) Any feet pics to share? Alas, I have not dressed up in years, having nowhere to go, really. Didn't even hand out candy this year. Glad ya had fun!
mollyringle
Nov. 4th, 2003 05:59 pm (UTC)
Hrm, guess I didn't take pictures of the feet. But they really weren't that interesting. Just picture loose, sparse wig hairs stuck onto the tops of bare girly feet. :)
tocomfortyou
Nov. 2nd, 2003 11:12 pm (UTC)
HA! Fabulous pictures, fabulous costumes, jealous of the creativity of all.
curvature
Nov. 3rd, 2003 01:40 am (UTC)
what about a picture of you?
mollyringle
Nov. 4th, 2003 06:00 pm (UTC)
I looked no different than in the "dress rehearsal" entry from a few days previous...*shrug*
cenire
Nov. 3rd, 2003 05:39 am (UTC)
Oh my goodness! Those guys in the background are fabulous too. It sounds like it was a really fun night. And the Cubs coincidence is toooo funny.

I want to see more pictures of you as Freedo! ;)
kenshi
Nov. 3rd, 2003 08:22 am (UTC)
A NEW CAR!!!!???

Holy shiznit, Batman! I want a ride!
mollyringle
Nov. 4th, 2003 07:43 pm (UTC)
We'll drop by one of these nights (probably tomorrow), since we do have to return the One Ring et al, and also we have a b-day gift for yon Meredith.
kenshi
Nov. 4th, 2003 08:38 pm (UTC)
We won't be around tomorrow night, so it will have to be another time.
pipu
Nov. 3rd, 2003 12:49 pm (UTC)
No, I think that was Freddo. ;)
erebor
Nov. 9th, 2003 05:28 pm (UTC)
If you're talking about an American accent, the person was possibly saying "Frito". That was the parody name given to Frodo in Bored of the Rings!
mollyringle
Nov. 10th, 2003 07:50 pm (UTC)
Heh! I didn't know that, and I doubt she did either. But it is funny. My husband and I did make a few "Frito Bandido" jokes based on the "Freedo" thing.
( 12 comments — Leave a comment )