1. For those following Lost, I highly recommend reading the show recaps on Television Without Pity. I got into the show late (just the last 2 episodes so far) and am using TWoP to catch up. Their recapper is hilarious. For example:
"Previously on Lost: Plane crash, drug stash, Marshal Shrap sustains a gash. Polar bears in tropic climes, Kate's committed nameless crimes. The Iron Giant kills and maims! Backgammon's a better game! Jack the Hero saves the day! Pleas for rescue en français!"
Hah! Oh my God. *stands up and applauds* (No, the whole thing isn't in rhyme. That was just a special opening act.)
2. I am apparently now 2 degrees from Spanish royalty, as one of my bosses is over at the art museum right now rubbing elbows with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. For what that's worth.
3. If you're ordering online from The Gap anytime soon, enter the code "HOLBOX2" at checkout, and you'll get a 10% discount. Hey, they send me these things, I pass them along to you.
4. No big updates on the house yet, except that we got more keys yesterday, and they promised to get the place cleared out by the end of today, so we're going over there after work and seeing what's up. Changing of locks may occur. (They have a new house; it's not like they WANT to be in ours; they're just being slow and have a ton of possessions. In a way this is reassuring: clearly the house can hold a lot of stuff.)
5. Despite my sending a publisher a wry email a month or so back, asking if my bad luck with communication mix-ups on this novel was the result of a voodoo curse, the publisher did not blow me off. She got back to me, assured me the email was taken in the spirit intended (as humor), and said that while the novel was not quite what they were looking for, she did enjoy reading it and it kept her interested, and she suggested a couple of resources for other places to find publishers. I already had these bookmarked, but I'll share them with you guys in case any of you are aspiring novelists:
Preditors and Editors - massive list of agents, publishers, etc., and whether or not they appear shady
Piers Anthony's big huge annotated list of internet publishers, with similar notes on shadiness
6. If you want to make yourself hungry for Thanksgiving, browse Recipezaar. Mmmm. Food.