"When two hearts race, both win," one wrapper says today. Hmm. I suppose they mean, "When two people are in love and their hearts are racing, it's a win-win situation." OK. That's kind of cute. But there are reasons other than love that your heart might race. For instance, fear. Say you and a friend are in the woods and you encounter a tiger, and your hearts start racing. And then you put up a good fight but the tiger kills you both. I'd say nobody won there despite the racing hearts (except of course the tiger).
Better than this one, though, found on a Dove wrapper years ago: "Time is a river without banks."
...I just have no idea what that is even supposed to mean. (Perhaps no one else did either, which could account for why I haven't seen it since.)
While I'm on the subject...the old chestnut, "You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar" has been bothering me a little. I agree with the sentiment, definitely--charm is generally a better method than harshness--and the vinegar v. honey metaphor works for me. But when, in any point in history, did anyone ever want to attract flies? "You attract more diamonds with honey than with vinegar" would be more apt, if it made any sense. We need to work on that one.
And: ramaustin made me do it...
1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 gig.
2. The last cd you bought was...
Yesterday I ordered The Thorns' self-titled album and The Veils' "The Runaway Found". Haven't received them yet.
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
I can't recall. I'm at work and haven't put on music. So maybe the radio in the car on the way here...I remember some hiphop thing about eating cereal and watching Saturday morning cartoons.
4. Write down five songs you often listen to or mean a lot to you.
1. The Veils - "The Leaver's Dance" (lately anyhow)
2. The Killers - "Mr. Brightside" (again, lately)
3. ...hey, hang on, I answered these already a few entries ago. :)
5. What new music are you really excited for in the coming year so far?
Hmm. I know British Sea Power just released a new one, which is probably worth investigating. I intend to get the Pitty Sing CD too.
6. Which 5 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Whoever would like it.