Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
According to my quick count just now, 42, combining VHS and DVD. Which, yes, is the meaning of life.
The last film I bought: Office Space, for Steve's birthday.
The last film I watched:
In the theater: The Aviator
On TV: part of The Empire Strikes Back (Who's scruffy-lookin'?? Btw, I'll be very disappointed if we don't find out what nerfs are in the new film.)
On video/DVD: The Phantom of the Opera
Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
1. The Lord of the Rings (counting the series as one) - for all-around awesomeness that I needn't elaborate upon any more than I already have.
2. Harold and Maude - for being hilarious, heartbreaking, and morbid all at once
3. Rushmore - for brilliantly entertaining and moving presentation of a simple story (could also have said The Graduate for similar reasons)
4. Blazing Saddles and/or Young Frankenstein - I grew up on Mel Brooks and it probably shows.
5. (I guess technically I've already named six. But I'll add Little Shop of Horrors, the musical version, just to include a musical, and a dark/funny/catchy one at that.)
Pick five people and have them put this in their journal:
Hmm...madbard, jedmiller, vill, kalquessa, celtic4. Yes, that was almost done at random.