Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most, then pick ten people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.
1. Dark gray stormy clouds against bright spring flowers and foliage (see also: snow falling against daffodils, which actually happened here on Thursday)
2. A long drink of water after a good walk
3. The smell of Puget Sound, which is like the ocean tempered
4. The dizzy feeling of watching very tall trees swaying overhead in wind
5. Dark chocolate melting in the mouth (you knew I wouldn't get through this without mentioning chocolate)
6. Getting a particularly anticipated Netflix DVD in the mail
7. Cheerios; bonus points for dried cranberries on them
8. The smell of a thick paperback (not very original, but I do like it a lot)
9. The perfection, in my mind, of the stories I haven't written yet
10. My husband bursting into laughter at some facial expression or awkward movement made by our baby
Edit: forgot the ten people! Well, I don't like to assign homework, so please do take it if you want to. Whoever you might be.