Mol (mollyringle) wrote,

Deckle me not

Spotted on Amazon on some new hardcover book listing:

This Book Is Bound with "Deckle Edge" Paper. You may have noticed that some of our books are identified as "deckle edge" in the title. Deckle edge is when the pages of a book are made to resemble handmade paper by applying a frayed texture to the edges. Deckle edge is an ornamental feature designed to set certain titles apart from books with machine-cut pages.

...They do that on purpose? And here I thought such books were just cheaply made and sloppily left unsmoothed. Give me machine-cut any day if deckle-edge is your idea of ornamental.

And actually I prefer paperbacks to hardcovers anyway. So there.
Tags: books

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.