01) First grade teacher's name: I only spent one month in first grade before being moved to second, on account of the first grade teacher being a horror and me being able to color within the lines well enough to be scooted ahead. But her last name was Beauchamp, pronounced "Beech-um."
02) Last words you said: Think I muttered something like "Oh, fuck you," to the computer when it crashed upon trying to play a clip in RealPlayer. Yeah, I need to learn to be more polite to my computer.
03) Last song you sang: Was humming Ash's "Folk Song" in the bath this morning, for whatever reason.
04) Last person you hugged: Steve.
05) Last thing you laughed at: Steve and I attempting not to smack anyone accidentally while carrying long pieces of lumber in Home Depot today.
06) Last time you said I love you: I think yesterday.
07) Last time you cried: Hmm...been at least a few weeks. Maybe a month or more. It was not about leaving California, though, I'll tell you that.
08) What's in your CD player: World music mix CD, New Order, Angelique Kidjo, and Pulp.
09) What color socks are you wearing: None (flip-flops!)
10) What's under your bed?: Nothing, to my knowledge.
11) What time did you wake up today: Around 9:00.
12) Current taste: Echoes of peppermint gum.
13) Current hair: Getting long; several layers including bangs.
14) Current clothes: Dark green short-sleeved silk shirt. Black capri pants. Aforementioned flip-flops.
15) Current annoyance: Knowing I shall have to find a job one of these days. And the squirrel who keeps digging into whatever I plant.
16) Current longing: A certain movie release in December. And concomitant cold weather.
17) Current desktop picture: Elliott Bay with Olympic Mountains in background.
18) Current worry: Occasional aspects of city living. (Crime? Terrorism? Earthquakes? [which is only a risk in some cities, of course])
19) Current hate: I'm really trying not to hate anything with an everlasting passion since I don't see what good it does. But I have fleeting hatred for things like drivers who think they are above using turn signals and are relying on my psychic abilities to know when they're about to turn.
20) Story behind your LJ username: The Cure, "The Caterpillar": "Dust my lemon lies with powder pink and sweet." Not sure what it means, but it's a fun song. Tweaked spelling to be cute.
21) Current favorite article of clothing: Hot-Topic baby-doll T-shirt with Frodo and Ring-script on the front, of course. (My older sister: "Pretty design. Pretty Frodo." My mom: "He is pretty." Guess it's official.)
22) Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex: Hair.
23) Last CD that you bought: Don't remember. Possibly Suzanne Vega's Nine Objects of Desire.
24) Favorite place to be: Shade. Preferably near trees and water.
25) Least favorite place: Redding, CA, in August.
26) Time you wake up in the morning: These days, somewhere between 8 and 10, due to unemployed status.
27) If you could play an instrument, what would it be: I can, and it would be piano and flute. Prefer piano. Would like to be better. Also would be neat to be able to play accordion.
28) Favorite color: Green.
29) Do you believe in an afterlife? Don't know.
31) Current favorite word/saying: "Submission accepted." Magic words every writer wants to see in a letter from a publisher.
32) Favorite book: See #s 16 and 21, and see if you can make a wild guess.
33) Favorite season: Autumn, as long as it actually behaves like autumn (i.e., cool, cloudy, wet). But I have a fondness for late spring too (cool, cloudy, wet, green).
35) Favorite day: Hm. Tuesday.
36) Where do you want to go: I spent the last three years wishing I were right here, and finally I am.
37) What is your career going to be like: Well, if I knew that, I'd know where to send my resumé, wouldn't I?
38) How many kids do you want: 2, 3, thereabouts. Depends how the whole pregnancy/childbirth thing goes the first time around.
39) What kind of car do you have: I don't really have one, personally. But I get to drive the Nissan Pathfinder that Steve has.
41) A random lyric: "You have no principles, you have no taste; your education was truly a waste. Don't be upset, girls, this has to be faced." (From the Jane Eyre musical.)
42) Identify some things surrounding your computer: Cables, cables, and more cables! Also a small American flag, some pens, post-it notes, a bendy toy snake, and a back-massage thing with knobbed feet.